Optimizing your website for search engines is something that any business owner needs to learn about nowadays. Why is writing for search engines so important? First of all, writing for SEO purposes ensures that your website achieves better rankings. Creating quality content with a focus on following these SEO best practices is the most effective method of generating highly? targeted organic traffic to your website.
However, always remember that youa??re writing for people first. Writing articles for search engines is a double-edged sword in that sense. It’s easy to get carried away and end up with an article that is over-optimized and boring to read.
Posting over-optimized content may also actually damage your keyword rankings. A common mistake that authors make when they’re first starting out writing targeted content is called “keyword stuffing” (i.e. placing your target keyword in your article too many times). The structure of your article is equally as important. You need to group your article into paragraphs that arena??t too long, and are easy to follow. In addition, combining multiple media types such as videos or images with your keyword targeted articles can easily enrich the user experience and make it a lot more appealing for search engines too.
By following these steps, your blog posts and webpages will be optimized for search engines. Valuable content can really change the success of your website. Make sure that your content is valuable for your readers and youa??ll reap the long-term traffic benefits of developing high quality blog posts and webpages.
SEO Best Practices for Blog Posts & Webpages
- Select a primary keyword for the page.
- Select a secondary keyword for the page.
- Include the primary target keyword in the title of the page.
- Ensure that your article has a minimum of 300 words.
- Include the primary keyword in the meta description of the page. Ensure the meta description of the page is a maximum of 156 chars long.
- Include the primary keyword in the body of your article at least twice.
- Include the secondary keyword in the body of your article at least once.
- Include an image (or multiple images) related to the primary keyword and place the primary keyword in the “alt” meta tag.
- (Optional) Embed a video related to the primary keyword.
Keyword Research Best Practices
- “Keywords” as they’re referred to throughout this post could contain multiple words. They’ve simply always been referred to as “keywords” by the SEO community and it kinda just stuck.
- Keyword research should always be performed in exact match format – learn more about using Google Keyword Matching Options.
- Keyword usage within your articles should also be in exact match format.
- Ensure the primary keyword you select has a high volume of average monthly traffic via the Google Keyword Planner Tool.
- Ensure the secondary keyword you select is related to the primary keyword.
- (Optional) Include the secondary target keyword in the meta description of the page.